Frequently Asked Questions
This section attempts to answer questions you may have about the Waterways Ireland Web Shop. If you have queries relating to Waterways Ireland’s activities and role, please visit www.waterwaysireland.org to see the main website.
Please check if your question has already been answered by looking at the categories below. Click on the category to go through to the section of questions about that subject. If your query is not answered here please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Opening an Account
2. Managing my Account
3. Protecting my Information (including my financial information)
4. How do I contact Waterways Ireland
5. How do I Return an Item
6. I already sell Waterways Ireland publications, how do I order online?
7. I would like to sell Waterways Ireland publications, how do I do that?
8. Delivery times and charges
If you are buying for your own use please read on. If you are buying to sell to others please check out either;
I already sell Waterways Ireland publications, how do I order online? or
I would like to sell Waterways Ireland publications, how do I do that?
Can I order without opening an account?
Yes you can order without opening an account. Once you have selected your items, click on Check-out and proceed to the page providing two options 1) to continue without opening an account or 2) to open an account. Follow the instructions on the page to complete your order.
Why open an account?
There are many reasons to open an account:
- • By logging-in, the system will automatically insert your billing and shipping address and contact details each time you order;
- • You will be able to view your purchases within the past 12 months;
- • create and amend a wish list;
- • make data protection choices;
- • receive occasional information about new items being added to the shop;
- • receive information about Waterways Ireland events and activities.
What should I do if I forget my Account Password
If you are unable to remember your password, the system will provide you with a reminder which will be sent to your email address. Access your email to get the reminder and then continue with your shopping.
Remember any orders you place without opening the account will not be registered in the account.
Once you have entered your email address and password you will be able to access your account and manage the contents. You will be able to;
- • Change your billing and shipping addresses and contact details
- • View your purchases within the past 12 months
- • Create and amend a wish list;
- • Decide if you wish to receive occasional information about new items being added to the shop;
- • Decide if you wish to receive information about Waterways Ireland events and activities.
What personal information does Waterways Ireland gather and what is done with it?
To request more information about an item, you must provide your e-mail address so that we may reply to your question by e-mail. To order from us you can;
- 1. Set up an account. Setting up an account requires you to provide your email address and choose a password. We ask for your name, shipping address, telephone number (your "Order Information"). This information is necessary for us to process your order, to notify you of your order status, and to fulfill orders. A 12 month record of your account history will be held in your account. You can also select if or how may we contact you regarding events, promotions, or other activity. We will not provide any personal information such as your e-mail address or billing information to any third party.
- 2. Place an order without setting up an account. This requires you to provide your name shipping address, telephone number ( your ‘Order Information’). This information is necessary for us to process your order, to notify you of your order status, and to fulfill orders. Without an account there will be no online record of your transaction apart from the order confirmation and order delivery information that will be emailed to you. We will not keep any information on you, what you ordered, or any of your financial data. Equally though you will not able to review your order history or receive emails regarding events, promotions or new publications and will be required to enter your data every time you order.
Is my IP address safe?When you visit the ShopWaterwaysIreland.org web shop, we may collect your IP address in order to diagnose problems or issues with our server and to improve the manner in which we sell to you, our customer. Your IP address is not used identify you in any manner but helps us to gather broad demographic information.
Are cookies used on this website?The ShopWaterwaysIreland.org web shop uses "cookies", which are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but enable us to provide a shopping cart and to store your order information between visits. If you've set your browser to reject cookies, you can still use our site, but will not be able to purchase items. We recommend that you leave them turned on.
What about children making purchases?Waterways Ireland distributes and sell products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use the ShopWaterwaysIreland.org web shop only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How is my financial information processed?Waterways Irelands have a formal arrangement with a secure third party site [Realex Payments] where you must enter your credit card number, billing address, and expiration date to secure payment. Realex Payments uses a secure server. The secure server layer (SSL) encrypts all information you input. The security of this procedure is such that Waterways Irelands are not given access to you credit card information. We are simply instructed by Realex Payments that the credit card has been authorized. Realex Payments are not permitted to use your information for any other purposes than to secure payment for you purchase from us. You may from time to time choose not to use our third party secure site and may send us your credit card details directly. While we cannot be responsible for the manner in which you transmit this information, we can assure you that this information shall not be stored by Waterways Ireland but by Realex Payments. Access to this information shall be strictly limited to authorised personnel and shall not be transmitted or divulged to any third party.
I do not wish to receive any further information from Waterways Ireland. What do I do?
If you wish to receive information from Waterways Ireland complete the data protection section within ‘Your Account’. We will occasionally notify you about important changes to this policy, our terms and conditions, changes on our Web site, new features, and most importantly, information and special offers. If you wish to modify the categories that are of interest to you or if you would rather not receive any further information, change your details within the data protection section of the website and we will be automatically notified. (Please make sure to inform us of your wishes for each account or email address you have left with us.)
Is my information secure?The ShopWaterwaysIreland.org web shop has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. When you place orders or access your account information all of the customer data we collect is similarly protected against unauthorised access.
Write to: Waterways Ireland, Marketing & Communications Division, Somerview House, Old Dublin Rd, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim.
Telephone: +353 (0)71 96 50787 or
The office is open Mon-Thurs 09.15-17.30 and Friday 09.15-17.15 and is closed for lunch from 12.45-14.00hrs.
To contact Waterways Ireland about Operations
Write to: Operations, Waterways Ireland HQ, 2 Sligo Rd, Enniskillen, BT74 7JY
Telephone: +44 28 6632 3004
To contact Waterways Ireland about Navigational Matters
Write to: Waterways Ireland Inspectorate, The Docks, Athlone
Telephone +353 90 6494 232
Waterways Ireland endeavours to ensure that the condition of every item listed on the shop is as described in those listings.
Should you wish to return your item you are entitled to return it to Waterways Ireland within 7 days of receiving the delivery. Please contact email@example.com to receive a restocking code and return address before returning the item
Changing your mindPlease note that if you have changed your mind about purchasing the item, you must pay the return postage to Waterways Ireland. The cost of the item will be refunded with 30 days
Damaged or Not What You OrderedIf the item was damaged in delivery or is not what you ordered, the price of the item plus the cost of the return postage will be refunded to you.
All returned goods must be returned in an unused condition with the delivery note enclosed. Refunds will take place within 30 days.
By purchasing from Waterways Ireland, you agree that a full refund with paid shipping will be your sole and exclusive remedy for any item you receive that is not as described on the ShopWaterwaysIreland.org site, and you waive all other remedies or actions in such event. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you are an existing wholesale account holder with Waterways Ireland contact the firstname.lastname@example.org quoting WHOLESALE ACCOUNT in the subject line and providing your business contact details.
You will be contacted and asked to provide information for a security question. You will be provided with an online account number. Upon receipt of the account number, you will be able to set-up an account on the Waterways Ireland webshop, and choose a password.
Entering your account number will enable you access wholesale prices for orders, place orders and be invoiced. Invoices must be settled within 30 days. Invoices not settled within 30 days will automatically freeze the online and offline account and no orders will be accepted until the invoice is paid. It will also be possible to pay the order online with a credit/debit card.
Why would I sell Waterways Ireland publications?Waterways Ireland welcomes new business wholesale accounts and offers wholesale rates to customers buying for resale.
I would like to sell Waterways Ireland publications. How do I set that up?If you have not previously held a wholesale account with Waterways Ireland please apply to open an account. If approved by our finance section we will also set-up an online version of the account for you.
- To apply please provide, business name, address, contact name and contact details to email@example.com quoting NEW WHOLESALE ACCOUNT in the subject line to be considered for an online account.
- Waterways Ireland is unable to offer credit to new wholesale accounts at present, so advance payment by credit or debit card will be required.
- Upon receipt of the account number, you will be able to set-up an account on the Waterways Ireland webshop, and choose a password. Entering your account number will enable you access wholesale prices for orders, place orders and pay.